Beware of children with “Room Syndrome”
[Introduction]In recent years, some symptoms have been found, mainly including cough, headache, eye discomfort or eye pain, chest tightness, lack of energy, and some allergic reactions.
After examination and analysis, these children were diagnosed with pediatric compartment syndrome.
It turned out that these children were caused by air pollution in urban living rooms for a long time.
1. When cooking in the kitchen, the fat is heated and even quickly decomposes gaseous substances that are harmful to the human body, such as acrolein, which is harmful to the respiratory tract and eyes of children.
2. Fuels used in cooking at home, such as coal and gas, emit fumes such as soot and carbon monoxide and carbon dioxide during combustion, which can stimulate children’s respiratory tract and easily cause respiratory symptoms such as colds, asthma and cough.
It also harms children’s skin, mouth, eyes, and hearing organs.
3. Smokers cause passive smoking in children.
Hazardous gases such as carbon monoxide and nicotine released after the cigarette is ignited can stimulate the throat and vocal cords of children.
Nicotine in the smoke can affect children’s nerve excitatory conduction, which can lead to children’s mental loss and memory loss over time.
This kind of room pollution is more serious in cities than in rural areas. Therefore, pediatric room syndrome is mainly seen in urban children.
How to prevent “House Syndrome” in children?
In order to prevent pediatric room syndrome, corresponding measures can be taken. The room should be kept fresh and often open windows for ventilation.
When cooking and oil heating, you should pay attention to the proper heat, and quickly pour the dishes when the oil pan smokes.
Improve the poorly ventilated coal stoves and gas stoves to make them burn more fully.
And install the necessary flue and blower.
Indoors, adults should not smoke.
When possible, a negative oxygen ion generator can be installed to purify the room air.
Indoor flower cultivation purifies the air.
Children are often allowed to take in fresh air outdoors.